Dear Parents and Carers,
The government wishes for schools and settings to remain partially open for parents and carers it categorises as ‘Key Workers’ and for our most vulnerable children, and The Old School will be working with a limited team to continue to provide provision for our Key Workers from 23rd March 2020.
However, this does not come without some risk, and under the circumstances our staff team will be taking some extra precautionary measures to reduce the risk of infection and ensure the health and well-being of all at The Old School.
We hope that you will understand the necessity of these extra precautionary measures and work with our staff team to keep us all safe.
So, from Monday 23rd March until further notice, please note:
- Handover from gate (butterfly) and door (Caterpillar & Ladybird) only. Parents and carers will be met at the door/gate of the setting upon entry and exit. We ask that children and belongings are passed from this point without parents/carers entering the setting.
- Staff will be asking to take both parents/carers and children’s temperature before allowing entry to the setting. If you as an adult have a temperature of 37.7c or above or your child 38c, then this is a high temperature and you will be asked to take your child home.
- Parents of siblings will be asked to drop both children off together, or take their second child round the outside of the building to enter their unit, you will not be able to come through the setting.
- Entry to the office will not be available, we ask that you please ring or email any queries you may have.
The settings availability for Key Workers is not just about keeping people working but about drastically reducing numbers of children in settings to ensure their well-being and reduce the risk of infection.
We would like to remind all key worker parents and carers of the government guidelines around critical workers, and to reflect on their level of need for this provision. The Old School should be considered as a ‘last resort’ option.
If you have any other option for childcare at home, then please do not send your child to The Old School.
We ask that you follow these key principles, as advised by the government:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
Our ability to continue to provide provision for our Key Workers depends heavily on the health and well-being of our staff. We are concerned that this will become more and more difficult in the coming days and weeks, and whilst we will endeavour to find a route forward, please bear in mind that we may have to consider full closure in the event of staff absences. We will of course inform you as soon as this becomes a possibility.
Thank you for your continued support, these are difficult and unprecedented times, but working together we can make it through.
If you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to email or call a member of senior management team.
The Old School Team