Dear Parents and Carers,
We are writing to give you an update regarding our practices and procedures for the new Lockdown period beginning on 5th January 2021.
Thank you for your patience in allowing us to compile the guidance that we have received from Government and Local Authority, we apologise if this has been of any inconvenience.
As far as our day to day practices within our IPC, there is very little change, please find the most recent updates/adjustments to practice below;
We would however, like to remind you all of our fundamental expectations:
- Hand Sanitizer is available at all entrances to the setting. ALL staff, visitors and parents must ensure they are taking time to sanitize their hands upon entry.
- Masks must be worn during handovers and when visiting the office or meeting with staff
- All adults must ensure they are adhering to social distancing guidelines and keeping 2m distance from staff/visitors and the children of other families
- Single setting policy is preferable
- Emergency contacts and those permitted to collect from the setting is restricted to parents and carers, from the child’s household, plus one contact forming a Legal childcare/support bubble.
- Ensuring children are in good health to attend the setting and are not sickening in anyway nor have been medicated to attend.
- Being vigilant as to the signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and ensuring that government guidance is followed with regard to:
o Lockdown regulations
o Track & Trace
The Old School is currently and will remain open to ALL children until such a time as we are required to reduce capacity or are advised differently.
We want our families to be assured that we are confident in the Dfe and governmental decision to keep early years settings open to all, and will continue to ensure we are doing all we can to keep our setting safe and the well-being and development of our children is a priority.
We understand that a small number of families are either unable to continue to send their children or uncertain about accessing our setting during lockdown and we would like to be able to support them in making these choices. This in turn has raised questions about paying fees and funding.
As The Old School is technically open to all children, the financial support available to the early years sector is even more limited as we are expected to be charging our usual fees, even for non-attending children. This also means that there are limits as to when we can and can’t access funding for children who are not in regular attendance.
To ensure we are being open and clear with all parents and carers about how The Old School will charge throughout the Coronavirus Pandemic and what flexibilities we can offer our families to support them at this challenging time, we have devised an additional policy to work alongside our current terms and conditions.
This policy has been created in line with current guidance from Devon Local Authority and alongside the advice for early years by the CMA, and will come into effect immediately,
If you have any queries please or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Tash in the office on a Monday or Friday, or anytime via email or the Famly app.
We will always try to work with families to meet their needs and are aware of the very fine balance between the needs of our clients and the needs of the business. So please do contact us to discuss any individual cases at the earliest opportunity.
Once again we would like to thank you all for your ongoing support of our setting and for continuing to entrust your children to our care. It is both an honour and privilege.
The Old School Team