The Old School Children’s Centre embraces the governmental support for families in accessing care and education for their children aged 2 -4 years .
We are registered to accept the 2 Year Old Funding, Early Years Universal Entitlement for 3& 4 Year Olds and the Extended Entitlement for Working Families (known as the ’30 hours’)
It is a parents responsibility to check their eligibility for 2-Year-Old Funding and the Extended Entitlement through www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Types of Funding Available
2 Year Old Funding
The Old School Children’s Centre is registered for the Two Year Old Funding for children between the ages of 2-3 years.
This government funding covers a maximum of 15 hrs a week for 39 weeks of the year (term time) or up to 11 hours per week on an all-year basis (51 weeks)
2 Year Old Funding is available to those who meet the edibility criteria, please check your child’s eligibility via: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Early Years Educational Universal Funding
All children aged 3 & 4 years are eligible for the Early Years Educational Funding (or Universal Funding) the term after they turn three years of age.
The Old School Children’s Centre is registered to accept this funding, and can do so in partnership with another setting and in conjunction with the extended entitlement
This universal government funding covers a maximum of 15 hrs a week for 38 weeks of the year (term time) or up to 11 hours per week on an all-year basis (51 weeks)
The Old School also accepts the extended entitlement for working families, which entitles eligible children aged 3 & 4 years to up to 15 hours/11 hours of additional funding per week (also known as 30 hours ‘free’ childcare)
This is not automatically recognised and parents and carers must ensure they confirm their eligibility before booking a place.
For more information about eligibility and how to claim this please go to:
What type of funded places does The Old School offer?
The Old School offers two types of funded places, known as a ‘Preschool Place’ and ‘Day Care Place’, to all eligible 2, 3 & 4 year olds.
- Preschool Places can be fully funded – registration fees and session charges are not applied unless extra sessions are required.
- Preschool Places are available for Term Time (38 wks) or All Year (51 wks)
- Sessions available:
- Morning: 9:00am -12pm
- Afternoon 1pm – 3:30pm
- Full Day 9:15am – 3:15pm
- Preschool Places are available within the set sessions times only, early starts/late finishes are not permitted.
- Extra preschool sessions and lunch hours are available and will be charged for within The Old School Fee Structure.
- Parents may request extra preschool sessions within holiday periods, these will be charged for within The Old School Fee Structure.
- Parents may choose to opt-in to paying a consumables & additional services charge of £4/£7.50 – To support the setting in covering the cost of extras which are not covered by the Government Funding Rate, such as snacks, sanitary consumables, extra activity resources.
Day Care Places:
- Day Care Places are fee paying places – Registration fees, sessional charges and wraparound fees will be applied.
- Day Care Places are available for Term Time or All Year (38 weeks/51 weeks)
- Sessions Available:
- Morning 8am-12pm
- Afternoon 1pm – 5:30pm
- Full day 8am-5:30pm
- Early mornings 730am – 8am and Late Afternoons 5:30pm – 6pm can be booked regularly and will be charged at the set rate, as per The Old School Fee Structure
- The setting will claim funding between the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm only, and will use the maximum allowance over a child’s days of attendance.
- Parents will pay a Wraparound Fee to fully meet the cost of the place covering additional hours (8am -8:30am & 4:30-5:30pm)
- Lunch hours & additional hours (max 2 hours) are available to support flexibility: The Old School will/ can use available funded hours to support this.
- To support flexibility parents may request irregular extra hours or sessions, provided spaces are available within the child’s unit. These will be charged for appropriately as per The Old School Fees Structure
Funded Holiday Care
The Old School Children’s Centre also offers places to children who want to claim their Early Years Universal Entitlement for 3& 4 Year Olds and the Extended Entitlement hours on an all year basis (through the school holiday periods) but attend a different setting throughout the term time; such as a school affiliated nursery.
Children from other term time settings can access a Day Care Place or Preschool Place and utilise their funding throughout holiday periods.
This offers more flexibility to parents and carers who work throughout the year and need childcare in holiday periods.